Proudly Canadian • Open Everyday 9am-5pm MST
Locally and Ethically Sourced. Created With Pride.
We Love What We Create
Over the span of our lifetimes, Donna and Walter have made a lot of stuff. And, since we formed Prairie Creations, that number has grown substantially. We would love to show you everything. But there is only so much space on one page… So, we have selected some popular items (and some of our favorites) to share with you. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Showing all 20 results
Signs Of the Times Welcome Sign$35.00
Prairie’s People Comforts Lap Tray$45.00
Mother Nature’s Good Side Bird Feeders$45.00
The Outstanding Mini Plant Stands$20.00
A Ledge Up Picture Shelves$45.00
A Step Up Plant Stands$30.00
Prairie’s Hang Ups Coat Hooks$30.00
Fertile Mind Herb Garden$30.00
Telegraph Candle Holders$25.00
My Precious Keepsake Boxes & Trays$25.00
Well Rung Blanket Ladder$65.00
Stand By Me Device Stands$20.00
Good Times Wine Cork Memory Frames$30.00
The Biz Business Card Holders$15.00
Creative Pioneer Framed Quotes$20.00
Light Me Up Candlesticks$20.00
How To Order
At the moment, our shop is not set up for online orders (it’s coming soon, though). If you see something that catches your interest, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you would like to inquire about a custom piece, that’s great; we love custom work and can’t wait to create something special just for you!
We promise to do our best for you!
Walter and Donna
Please note that the pricing shown is subject to change, based on the individual order. We show base pricing to give our customers an idea of the investment, but since the majority of our work is customized in some way… prices can fluctuate. If you would like a specialized quote for your project, please contact us directly!
Taking care of your brand new board or wooden kitchen utensil is simple, but so important to preserve its beauty and longevity. Here are some helpful tips to help ensure your new item stays clean, safe and beautiful:
Things You Should Never Do
- Never leave your cutting board soaking in water. The water will expand the wood fibers and crack the wood.
- Never let blood pool on the wood for long periods so that it soaks in
- Never put your cutting board into the dishwasher. The high heat and water are guaranteed to warp your board at best and split it in half at worst!
- Use soapy sponge or dish cloth to wipe surface. Rinse lightly. Excessive water may warp the board.
- Thoroughly towel dry the cutting board. Stand it on edge (in a drying rack) to allow it to air dry. Drying the board evenly will reduce the chance of warping and separation.
- Moisten a cloth with pure, white vinegar. Wipe the board.
- This process is not necessary for regular cleaning but can be done to “freshen” the board.
- You can also sprinkle baking powder, on the board, before you wipe it with the vinegar.
- You should use a food safe wood oil to maintain your board. A product like Circa 1850 NaturOil is, one of many, good choices.
- How frequently you apply the oil depends on how frequently you wash the board. Washing the board will dry it out. You may need to apply oil every week, every month or as required. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions as to how to apply their food safe wood oil. You could keep a bottle in your pantry for easy access.
- You should apply the oil on the day you bring your board home. To keep it “fresh” for when you need it!